Herman Breedt: CEO
Herman started his H R career in 1995 with ESCOM. After a few years in the Trade Union Industry where he served on the then National Manpower Commission (NMC), he was elected to serve on the Labour Market Chamber of NEDLAC. (Tri Party National Body consisting of Government, Employer and Labour representation). He was also one of the delegates attending the ILO (International Labour Organisation) in Geneva, Switzerland, when South Africa was allowed back for the first time in 1993.
During the period he was also elected to the National Executive Committee of the Motoring Bargaining Council, serving on the Motor Industry Training Board and Motor Industry Pension and Provident Fund. He also served as a National Executive Committee member of FEDUSA Trade Union Federation (2nd largest Trade Union Federation to COSATU). He was one of the first Commissioners to be appointed by the CCMA on a part-time basis where he was involved in conciliation, arbitration, meditation and facilitation of Industrial and Labour Disputes i.e. wage, unfair dismissal and other disputes.
- University of Pretoria: B.Com Personnel Management 1984
- B.Com.I (Hons) Personnel Management 1985
- M.Com Personnel Management 1986
- University Stellenbosch IRDP 1987
- UNISA Diploma in Advanced Labour Law 1988
- UCT Diploma in Commercial Meditation 2014
- ESCOM Train the Trainer
- Managing Conflict 1985 – 1987
- Private Successful Counselling 1995
Dimitri Stavridis: Operations Manager
He started at the department of Justice as a Clerk of Civil court, 2004 - 2006. Also acting as court manager in 2007 from time to time, at the magistrate’s court in Zeerust. He later moved to CDR Attorneys as a cost consultant and IR Consultant up and until June 2008. He joined the SA Labour Dynamics team in July 2008 as Senior IR Consultant. He deals with chairing of disciplinary and appeal hearings, drafting contracts of employment and policy formulation. Representing employers in labour disputes at the CCMA and Bargaining Councils. He also assists with Union meetings, negotiations and provides training in the IR field.
- University of Potchefstroom. BA HR Management. 2002
- University of Potchefstroom. BA (Hons) Industrial Relations (IR) 2003
- Law Society of South Africa: Magistrates Court Procedures and Legal costs 2006
- Department of Justice and Constitutional Development: Public finance and asset management
- Guest speaker at JCCI. LRA Amendments – June 2012
Coen Scheepers: Marketing Manager
Coen started his career in the Local Authorities as a Township Manager for Sharpeville in 1976. He later advanced to Senior Township Manager for Meadowlands East in Soweto. In 1988 he moved to Nylstroom as Assistant Town Clerk for Phagameng. 1989 he was appointed as Town Clerk for Meloding Town Council in Virginia and in 1994 decided to make a drastic career change and joined GWK (Pty) Ltd first as Accountant and then moved to the position of Head of Media and Publications. That was the starting point into the exciting world of marketing. In 1998 he decided to explore outside the corporate environment and started a very successful local newspaper in the Northern Cape. In 2006 he joined Media24 as Circulation Manager for the Northern Cape where he managed Volksblad and Daily Sun. One year later the Free State was included and soon KZN was added and other news publications to manage. He moved to Johannesburg in 2010 as National Retail Sales Manager for Media24 to manage Daily Sun, Sunday Sun, Beeld, Rapport, Citypress and Soccer Laduma. In 2013 he decided to leave the corporate world to take on a new challenge in the social media environment at SA Labour Dynamics. Exciting times!
- UNISA BA Languages (Afrikaans, English, French & German) 1979
- Diploma: Municipal Management and Administration 1985
- Estate Agents’ Certificate: Council for Estate Agents, 1991
- Associate member: Board for Municipal Accountants & Treasurers 1992
- Registered member: Institute of Town Clerks 1993
- Initiating and Chairing Disciplinary Hearings Consultants 2008
- Managing Employee Relations Consultants 2008
- Modern Day Leadership Practices 2009
- Certificate in Finance for Non-Financial Managers 2012
Bertie Pretorius: HR Administrator
Bertie joined the SA Labour Dynamics team in January 2013 as HR Administrator. He deals with chairing of disciplinary and appeal hearings, implementing contracts of employment and implementation of HR policies to assist companies with general HR Administration. Representing employers in labour disputes at the CCMA and Bargaining Councils. He also assists with Skills and Equity meetings
- North-West University BA - Behavioural Sciences 2009
- North-West University BA Honours - Industrial Relations 2010
Mandi Lavisa: HR/IR Consultant:
Mandi joined the SA Labour Dynamics team in May 2008 as HR/IR Consultant. He deals with chairing of disciplinary and appeal hearings, drafting contracts of employment and representing employers in labour disputes at the CCMA and Bargaining Councils. He also assists with Union meetings and negotiations.
Joseph Dlamini: Admin
Joseph joined SA Labour Dyanmics 2009. He is the friendly “first voice” for all our current and new clients. Joseph or (Softy) as everybody knows him is responsible for all the administration, bookings, filing and drafting of certain documents at the office. He is a respected and trusted first link between our office and the offices of the CCMA and Bargaining Councils as well as numerous Unions and respected clients handling all the bookings, postponements, applications and referrals. He attended various courses in office administration and telephone etiquette. Softy also acts as Personal Assistant for the CEO